About Me

My photo
I am a devoted Husband, Father, tax payer and I am an Alliance player whom as of late, find myself with quite a bit of downtime, thus deciding to write about my adventures, gripes, questions and discussing anything and everything that is WoW. I sincerely hope should you stumble across my humble WoW blog that you enjoy it and I encourage and welcome your feedback. Cheers!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Back to WoW!

So after 2 years of having left WoW in search for another MMO I am back. Unable to find anything giving me a fraction of the fun and pleasure that WoW brought me, I re-activated my account to join 2 of my brothers in-law playing in the guild Knights of Camellot on Shattered Halls.

At first I wasn't sure if I'd simply transfer my level 70 warlock over for a mere 25$ of my hard earned money and since it had been so long since I played my lock, I really wasn't in the mood to start playing a level 70 and not knowing how to play anymore, so I rolled a new character keeping the name that has been with me since my very first character... Eridian.

Choice of Class. This time around, I decided to go back to tanking, though not with the warrior, I had heard that since the release of Wrath of the Lich King that Paladins were great tanks, and performed extremely well in the new expansion and had lost that "Buff Bot" status they once had. So hence Eridian the Protadin was born. Having previous experience tanking at what I would arguably consider much more difficult encounters then those I've seen thus far, I felt totally comfortable with my choice, and when it comes to tactics within instances, I am at ease. That being said, I needed to quickly brush up on the class and abilities and spell rotations and so on... Having done my research I found several sites that I could access during the day from work when I wasn't busy and by far the best one I found was over at http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com, thanks for being there for me guys! Truly a great forum for new paladins and old alike. Most of all, they don't flame you for being a noob.

Now a level 80 Paladin (prot), running ICC 10 man with the guild and loving it. Since I'm the guild's 3rd tank, and not always needed when the 2 maintanks (one being my brother in-law) are present, I am pretty useless to the raid, so I ended up transferring 2 of my characters over to Shattered Halls, my Warlock (now renamed from Eridian to Erilock) and my Shammy and making Blizzard that much richer in the process. Currently I am working on getting the 2 of them up to 80 and in some decent gear to have more flexibility when we do ICC through means of farming Triumphs on the paladin to deck them both out in Heirloom gear. I managed to find one vendor for a few pieces, I will have to ask guildmates to guide me a bit to get more as apparently there is 6, I am not sure if there are anymore than that. If so, let me know! I'm but a few 5 man heroic's away from getting my lock the chest, though I'm unsure when it will become worthwhile, my worlock was quite well geared in BC when I left the game, and at level 73 still haven't had a drop in instances or from quests that have been worth replacing my existing gear with the exception of my weapon and I think I changed something else, though can't remember what it was... At anyrate, if it's not better at it's scaled level of 73 than what I have now, hopefully it will outgear what I have on soon.

On tonight's menu, get in as many 5 man's in for triumphs as possible before ICC which starts at 9pm. If there is a spot for me in tonight's raid, I'm hoping for some new upgrades, thus far I've only been able to get my hands on a good cloak for tanking.



No comments:

Post a Comment

accutane lawsuit