About Me

My photo
I am a devoted Husband, Father, tax payer and I am an Alliance player whom as of late, find myself with quite a bit of downtime, thus deciding to write about my adventures, gripes, questions and discussing anything and everything that is WoW. I sincerely hope should you stumble across my humble WoW blog that you enjoy it and I encourage and welcome your feedback. Cheers!

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Sigh...

So I've been working on customizing the blog page but am having a bit of trouble, I've searched through the help pages and just can't seem to find an answer to my query.  The blog design is coming along but for the moment is just not what I want it to be.  I'd like to get my own custom image as a background that doesn't scroll with the body of the page.  So a fixed background custom image.  Closes I got was to get my custom image in the background, but it then appears tiled rather than a full screen of the image, so once again, not what I want to have.  Second, when I do get my custom image up (tiled still rather than a full screen) I still can't figure out how to get it to remain fixed in the background rather than scrolling, I tried removing the code line "Repeat" at the end of the background image code section, but that didn't work...

Any suggestions?

Update: Found the solution and that part is now fixed... now onto the other problems I'm having with column widths and placement.

Update May 14th:  Well as you can see, I've managed to fix a couple of little problems I was having with the background image as well as column widths, for some reason beyond my paygrade, some of the editing funtions don't want to respond as they're supposed to so I've had to edit the HTML in the editor directly to get things to work, so far so good, the one thing I want to try and solve now is the Text color on the blog, for the Body as well as Links and all the text color's are wrong, the Page Layout - fonts and colors tab which is supposed to make it easy simply doesn't respond to what I'm selecting for colors, I've searched the problem, I have noticed others having the same problem with Blogger behaving this way, though can't seem to find a work around that works.  Also, many times people will post a solution using HTML editing, but the line of code they tell you to find often isn't the same code as what I have.  So anyone with a solution, feel free to let me know! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

accutane lawsuit