About Me

My photo
I am a devoted Husband, Father, tax payer and I am an Alliance player whom as of late, find myself with quite a bit of downtime, thus deciding to write about my adventures, gripes, questions and discussing anything and everything that is WoW. I sincerely hope should you stumble across my humble WoW blog that you enjoy it and I encourage and welcome your feedback. Cheers!

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Introductions and a bit of History.

Hi there, and welcome to Minus 50 DKP! My name is Eric and I'm your host. I started this blog mainly to put down thoughts and pass the time, should this ever become popular and I end up getting readers, well.. let's just hope you enjoy it! nuff said! I'm 35 yrs of age this year (2010) and have been playing World of Warcraft since 2003, yep, a whopping 7 years of my life! In the beginning I played with my girlfriend (who is now my wife), and for a couple of years it was pure bliss, get up in the morning and go to work, come home and have dinner with the GF and then we'd get on the PC's around 19h30 and play 'til 11pm. Sadly my wife no longer plays the game anymore, although she did create a Female Human Mage on my account who is now lvl 4... maybe there's still hope? I doubt it though as we have 2 beautiful kids who go to bed around 19h30 and she is tired by then, and has just simply lost the flame which I still have.

When I started playing the game I created a NE Warrior, levelled and became the main tank for my guild at the time. To situate yourself in time, I was playing in the days of the "original" Leeroy Jenkins - I tanked for several years, tanking raids such as Molten Core and Black Wing Lair 6 nights a week... right up until Burning Crusade came along... By then I had gotten sick of tanking and wanted to take on a more relaxed stance in raiding, I looked around and envied the casters, it looked like so much fun, I looked at the Paladin's who seemed so awesome as well (back then they were considered mainly buff bots and flash of light spammers but still they looked awesome). Finally I decided to go with the Warlock, I then levelled and played the warlock just before BC came out to get him up to 60 ASAP so I could be eligible to enter the Dark Portal with the rest of my friends and experience the new content.

I had seen just about everything that Burning Crusade had to offer and then got bored. I started to feel that there was just TOO MUCH (sry caps!) to do and not enough time to do it. With the release of these "Daily Quests" and my quest to get my very own Nether Drake and the farming of Black Temple, there just was not enough time in the day to allow me to do it all, thus I started to get angry and resentful that there was so much content and not enough time to let me do it all.

I eventually left the game as it was consuming WAY too much of my time and was starting to affect my career (what with arriving late in the mornings, and leaving early all in the name of WoW)... that is when I decided to give a new game that was coming out a shot with one of my friends who felt the same as I did, enter "AGE OF CONAN". I'll save that for another post. Without entering in details I'll sum up by telling you that I went on to get a toon to max level in Age of Conan followed by levelling a toon (actually several toons) to cap lvl in Warhammer Online, and then again in AION.

As you can see, I chased and searched high and low for another MMO that would bring me the same satisfaction that WoW brought me, but to no avail. WoW simply has the product that satisfies the masses and me included, and I simply missed (and still do) the days of getting 39 other people into Ventrilo and coordinating a raid in a Dungeon... the good 'ol days.

So that's where I come from in WoW in a nutshell. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

accutane lawsuit